Wednesday 16 December 2009

Eifer 1

When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point- of-view is seldom necessary.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

I was lounging around Eifer in my Rifter when I spotted a Rifter pilot from earlier in the evening.

"BX, 1v1?"

He said no as he wasn't in a Rifter but would go get one and be right back \o/

I waited in my usual spot and was pleased to see him enter local again, he asked where and I said planet 1 if it suited him. I warped to planet 1 after he confirmed that was good and was greeted by a beautiful red and black magma planet, a nice backdrop for our little duel.

He warped in at 70km and started to close, I did the same and soon we were locked in deadly battle, we matched each other blow for blow until we hit structure and then I was in my Pod, I warped out and said "good fight" in local before heading home for some much needed sleep.

Now there's a few things I could have done better:

• When closing his speed was only 800 odd m/s, it took him a while to get up to speed too, so I should have surmised he had armour rigs, trimarks being the most likely, with this in mind I should have been able to dictate range better and should have switched to Barrage and kept a good 7km between us.

• I was too close in, settling for a 3km engagement range instead of my usual 5-7km.

• Don't be over confident, complacency is your worst enemy and is a mistake I'm making far too often for my liking.

Fitting wise I'm still happy with my loadout, BX was running Trimarks and most likely a damage control because up until about 75% structure we were neck and neck. I prefer my lows as this fight is proof that at point blank there's litterally very little between the two. Smarter flying on my part would have probably helped but props to BXDRED, he fought well and earned the win.

2 comments:

mikoloco said...

Heh, its good to see that even Kane looses duel sometimes. Makes me fell better :)

Anonymous said...

I dont know man, dc is so important imho... most fights will go with both ships into structure and then you just go poof.